Thread: 262 General: - V6 not starting
View Single Post
Old Mar 27th, 2024, 20:43   #74
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
I've never had any issues with NGK's until now, but let's not be too hasty. The replacement aren't installed yet
I have been using Denso plugs on my other cars and they are lasting well.

This oil leak is very puzzling, I have had the super bright torch on it, with rags above the hole as I too was thinking it's coming from further up. No, it still came out quite quickly from that hole, you could see the oil building up before it dribbled out of the hole
I am going to call on the services of my neighbour to investigate and hand this over to his expertise. Unfortunately the few garages I have contacted won't touch the car, the rest won't even call me back

Cheers Peter
Denso make good plugs too, they are always my secod choice after NGKs - if they were the same price or cheaper than NGKs they'd be first, it's only the cost that puts me off Densos.
I've only ever known one set of NGKs do what you describe and by sheer coincidence, was in my 760 with the later B280E under the bonnet.

I wonder if your timing cover has gone porous? After hearing your diagnostic efforts, it suggests that may be the case.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: