View Single Post
Old Feb 5th, 2016, 22:46   #43
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCeed View Post
At first sight, there has never been a better choice out there...F Pace, GLC, Macan, LR, X3, Q5, etc, etc, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty they all fall by the wayside for one reason or another. I hummed and ’arred for a year and shortlisted them all (well the BM and Merc derivatives I have owned before - still have the aching spine to prove it) and nothing came close to the deal for...another XC60...! Keep the faith guys!
11 months on from placing my order, the arrival of the GLC and the Discovery Sport has not changed my view that the XC60 is currently still the best-in-class for my requirements. It eats the motorway miles, romps up the steep hills we have locally, carries Mrs D in great comfort, and has been totally unfazed by the wild wet weather we have had this winter.
The Macan looks to be a fine car, but would cost "spec for spec" considerably more. Ditto the F-Pace, which has yet to hit the showrooms. Yes, the infotainment system is looking rather dated, but it works. Pity it was not given a proper makeover at the mid-life refresh. Just hoping the new XC60 builds on the current model. The premium competition is growing, and the new model has to ready to take on the new Q5 and X3 amongst others due shortly.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post: