View Single Post
Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 14:59   #266
FunkyMelon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjB View Post

Those of you who have changed your standard headlight bulbs for HID's will now get a major fail even if the aim is correct. It has always been an offence to fit HID bulbs to halogen headlamps so the MOT is now in line with that.
Interestingly, draft MOT 2018 update states this...

It is not permitted to convert existing halogen headlamp units for use with HID bulbs.

The way I read that, it's not permitted to convert halogen headlamps to be used to HIDs - Well we all have xenon type projector headlamps anyway don't we?

I see this statement as a way of stopping the chavs in Saxo's/Pug 106's putting xenons in reflector (halogen) headlamps.

There is no difference between the headlamp of a car with genuine/OEM (call it what you want) xenons and ours. We haven't 'converted' anything to do with our lamps, as they're already projectors/HID ready, we just changed the bulbs and added a ballast.

I'll keep mine in and see how it goes at Volvo come next Sept If I'm wrong it's 5 minutes to put halogens back in, though LizardOfBodom's setup may take a bit more time to revert lol.

Last edited by FunkyMelon; Jan 22nd, 2018 at 15:01.
FunkyMelon is offline   Reply With Quote