View Single Post
Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 17:16   #267
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMelon View Post

I'll keep mine in and see how it goes at Volvo come next Sept If I'm wrong it's 5 minutes to put halogens back in, though LizardOfBodom's setup may take a bit more time to revert lol.
Ha, thats exactly why I kept my old H7 gray headlamps that I had a great pleasure driving on just week ago! It was the only sensible solution and I simply have spare pair for such occasions, although I swear - no idea how that can be called "headlamp" and bear in mind those are cleaned OEM projectors with decent OSRAM bulbs....

But back on topic - I think you are misinterpreting the statement a bit:

"It is not permitted to convert existing halogen headlamp units for use with HID bulbs. "

It basically means that if headlamp is a halogen unit (stated by the correct labelling etc) it shouldnt be fitted with any HID light source. Also, our OEM projectors unfortunately are NOT "HID ready" - those are different than OEM xenon projectors not only by bulb base (h7 vs D2s / D1S) but also differs in actual light spreadout. There is more light leaks and longer cutoff than it should be with more powerful lights and although could be set correctly without dazzling, its far from good xenon setup. So technically - no, our halogen headlamps are not the same as OEM xenons unfortunately so that rule would also apply :/
Saxos and 106's on the other hand with "H7HID ultimate 12000K" setups are a different breed and needs to be exterminated, agreed
The Following User Says Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post: