View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2019, 11:44   #1
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Default Cogitating the future re having a car and what car to have.

Hello, Like so many people my health issues seem to multiply. Any and every task seems to take longer to get started and longer to complete. There is a local garage who might be good I suspect. That is an unknown. Some of our members have had disappointing experiences. And it is not easy t let go of actually ding the work myself.

Mine is a 240 SE B200F estate. Good MOT results. No known issues just the usual list of little things I'd like to improve. Biggest thing would be the usual corrosion under the rear bumper and I have a serious independent person lined up for that work. I have the repair panel waiting.

EDIT: I wonder about say a GL automatic saloon 230 K-jet. But. I don't think that's really an answer to the fundamental issues.

My fundamental thought is. I know this car. It serves me well. And. I don't want to buy someone else's problems.

I think that I will try to do some small maintenance, and perhaps ask the local garage to do some work to see how that goes.

I should be grateful for some objective thoughts and ideas please. I am willing to consider say an automatic hatchback providing it is of robust construction. Something any garage can cope with and obtain parts for.

Open minded objective opinions are welcome please.

I do NOT want my Volvo 240 to end up being sold for close to scrap after I'm gone if I do not manage to get good maintenance continued. We've all seen those unhappy threads.

Thank you.

Last edited by Stephen Edwin; May 18th, 2019 at 12:05.
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote