View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2019, 15:36   #2
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin View Post
Hello, Like so many people my health issues seem to multiply. Any and every task seems to take longer to get started and longer to complete. There is a local garage who might be good I suspect. That is an unknown. Some of our members have had disappointing experiences. And it is not easy t let go of actually ding the work myself.

Mine is a 240 SE B200F estate. Good MOT results. No known issues just the usual list of little things I'd like to improve. Biggest thing would be the usual corrosion under the rear bumper and I have a serious independent person lined up for that work. I have the repair panel waiting.

EDIT: I wonder about say a GL automatic saloon 230 K-jet. But. I don't think that's really an answer to the fundamental issues.

My fundamental thought is. I know this car. It serves me well. And. I don't want to buy someone else's problems.

I think that I will try to do some small maintenance, and perhaps ask the local garage to do some work to see how that goes.

I should be grateful for some objective thoughts and ideas please. I am willing to consider say an automatic hatchback providing it is of robust construction. Something any garage can cope with and obtain parts for.

Open minded objective opinions are welcome please.

I do NOT want my Volvo 240 to end up being sold for close to scrap after I'm gone if I do not manage to get good maintenance continued. We've all seen those unhappy threads.

Thank you.

I always thought it would be about taking additional time, planning a job properly and getting someone to help or assist where you identify a need.

Are you sure you can’t carry on with your own vehicle. If you are not getting the health you wish then clearly you won’t be fitting front discs and pads in 45 minutes but why not set a weekend aside and make a tea and ask a mate round for help?

Regarding what else you could buy, I find everything costs a fortune if you go to a garage!
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post: