View Single Post
Old Jan 21st, 2020, 23:08   #12
M4ss4

My C30 is a D2, which touch wood on the whole is fine.

I have a couple of niggles with it but beyond having to replace the DPF pressure sensor hose (rubber sections) the dpf is one of the self regenerating dpfs and seems to be regenerating okay. I think this is the same as what is fitted to my XC's D5 block.

I do use it to commute around 85 miles a day so it does get the opportunity to get hot enough.

Re the power, i too have had a passat tdi and certainly in the c30 the power is not too bad. It is not quick but it pulls okay in 2nd upwards. Probably doesn't pull as strong as the passat i had but that was around 130hp like you have mentioned.

It picks up enough at motorway speeds to get you out of a lane and around a vehicle without changing down etc.

It doesn't pull like a D5 that is for sure but it is fun enough. We had a 1.8 V50 a while back and that was solid, i do miss it, but the c30 does fill the hole 🤣

For me this is my second car and I commute a fair distance so cost effectiveness is key for me. £30 road tax is great too.

I probably agree re the volvo engines mentioned above and would have bought the d5 or d4 if the C30 was to be the main family car 👍
M4ss4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M4ss4 For This Useful Post: