View Single Post
Old Jun 14th, 2018, 08:54   #28
KerPLoD
240 Owner, VOC Member

When I worked for a dealership one of the best cars I saw for reliability old or new was the 2010-2017 Suzuki Swift. £30 road tax, 50mpg on a naturally aspirated petrol engine and no common faults. A fun car to drive as well.

When I worked for a Ford dealer for a month, Transits were going wrong after 30,000 miles, DPF filters were barely lasting the warranty period, Ecoboost Fords were eating their head gaskets after 25,000 miles and all were rusting as soon as a stone tapped the sills.

Now as a mobile valeter, I recently cleaned a 2018 Fiesta with 5,000 miles on the clock and that rubbish Supagard paintwork protection kit. The sills had lost half their paint at the front and some spots already had surface corrosion. The interior was made of horrific quality materials from plastics to carpets.

If you want an example of low quality, Ford is the glowing ray of excretion that shines brighter than all others. At least on the cheaper end of the spectrum. The ludicrous Ford Edge and boat-sized Galaxys are a small improvement.
Check out the restoration of my 240 here...
KerPLoD is offline   Reply With Quote