View Single Post
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 13:19   #17
V40addict

A host of issues became apparent since I got my car back. The wheel arch accident size needed to be replaced as it was cracked. Accordingly I had sourced a wheel arch for a few quids, but he never installed it. He said he lost it as he made room in his junkyard . Also, the turnlight signal on the wing was not even connected , neither is the side light on the bumper.

He agreed reluctantly to install a wheel arch as "a goodwill gesture" for a customer, after I called him repeatedly (at first he hung up on me). That was after a lot of arguing, the guy is full of it, one minute he would present himself as my savior who did everything he could to put the car back on the road, or the poor worker whose pay I had unilaterally "reduced" (and that's why he didn't do such a good job in the first place, i.e. like he's psychic), the next he would call me names and promise to track me down to give me a new face as I was "ruining his life" (after I told him he should stop threatening me otherwise this goes to court/police). He's of italian origin so the whole thing was funny but sometimes not so.

So now he told me he had a wheel arch that he would install, and after that he said he doesn't want to have anything to do with me, and he hasn't agreed to fix the lights (no reply to my text about it) . That's a bigger job I think, how much time would it take for a pro to do it ? I am not sure I want to argue with this guy and try and force him to do the lights. He didn't install two plastic deflectors bolted to the slam panel along side the radiator , behind the grille, I thought this was mainly to prevent water from getting in the area of the lights but a mechanic told me it's to facilitate airflow to the rad. The body shop guy said he didn't reinstall them because they serve no purpose and it would be a hell of a job to resinstall them now ! That I am going to have done elsewhere as those plastics have been thrown away of course according to him. Is it worth reinstalling those plastics ?

Last edited by V40addict; Jan 17th, 2019 at 14:00.
V40addict is offline   Reply With Quote