View Single Post
Old Jan 20th, 2019, 13:39   #19
V40addict

I am going to another back alley garage (much more reliable person) to reinstall plastic deflectors behind the grille and hopefully fix the mess of the turn signal. I can see how water getting in from the grille can rust parts in the engine compartment, the welds he did on the slam panel already have some superficial spots of rust (even though there is thick coat of I don't know what ).

While I was looking at that , I discovered another botched job. Remember I mentioned there was misalignment between turn signal and wing on the right side (opposite accident side). And he said he "had not looked at that yet" after he had started working on the car. Well what he did to fix that is making new holes for the right side light so he could move the whole light assembly a quarter inch to the center and correct the misalignment ! Meanwhile of course the slam panel, (i.e. the original slam panel to which he welded a piece from another) is still crooked relative to the wing, any expert will spot that right away, even if for me it took until today.

How can someone in the trade work that way , how is this possible ? Not only does it make no sense to spend time doing all these things vs changing the part ( I know now what the guy meant by his "adjustments"), but it 's simply not giving a **** about doing a good job.

Last edited by V40addict; Jan 20th, 2019 at 13:49.
V40addict is offline   Reply With Quote