View Single Post
Old Jul 6th, 2020, 16:14   #1
heckflosse
Premier Member

Default LH 2.4 turbo injectors question.

Sorry, me again.
I now have a good spark on cranking (dodgy ignition switch contact pack), and can get it to run briefly on carb cleaner down the throttle housing.This means a crank position signal is getting through.Otherwise no joy.
Fuel pressure is there at the rail when the schrader valve is pushed.
Pump relay is new and both pumps run.Main pump is stock 200F but I have the 230ET one if needed. Should start on the old one surely?
There is a feed to both sides of the injectors by test light, cant see a pulse on cranking though.
200FT Green top injectors are fitted all at approx 2.5 ohms each. I have two resistor packs available to use, one was from the motronic 740 230ET donor car and gives a reading of 6ohms between each resistor and the centre terminal, and the LH one which is slightly higher at 6.5 ohms.I tried the LH one. Not 100% sure I have wired the resistor up correctly though.
there are 4x wires on the non ECU side of the inectors -red and black on the 240 LH NA loom- which i have cut the resistor wires into.
I used a radio suppression relay which should get a feed from the pump relay and coil 15 terminal?It seems a bit unnecessary.
I believe Classicswede has a bypass loom available for high resistance injectors.Are Turbo green tops high or low? Would this be an easier solution?
And does that radio relay really need to be there or could a simple switched feed from the pump relay to the injector resistor centre connector do the trick?
Sorry to keep wittering.
Thanks,
Jim
heckflosse is offline   Reply With Quote