View Single Post
Old Oct 28th, 2018, 15:18   #7
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack21 View Post
Hello all.

Well been driving my XC90 since March 2017 now and in general have been pretty happy with the vehicle. However, there have been two annoyances that really stick out IMHO, the not-as-advertised fuel economy/mileage and the just completely dreadful Sensus navigation system. Will only talk about the latter in this post.

Living here in Spain I have noticed how hard it is for the Nav system to find many of the cities, villages, or municipalities I type into the Search bar. I’ve also noticed on numerous occasions the Nav unable to find something unless typed in with perfect spelling and/or accented characters. Even when using the regional “Spain” map and not “Western Europe”, these issues persist. Worse of all is that over a dozen times now a village or municipality simply does not exist in the Nav’s database. I have NEVER had this problem using Google Maps.

I have found Volvo’s Sensus Nav so useless that I have resorted to Google Maps with my móvil in hand as my means of navigation. Don’t know about the rest of you gents (if you experience similar frustrations with the Nav), but I find this 100% unacceptable in a 60k euro luxury car. Thanks for listening to my rant.

p.s. If anyone here has an email address or link where I could post this grievance to Volvo Europe, I’m listening.
It could be better, mine is a lot better now than when I first bought my car (after updates) but it lacks a very useful feature, "lane indication" I was in a Ford Kuga the other day and approaching every junction, traffic lights or round-about etc a split screen popped up it showed very clearly which lane to get in. It was a great deal better than the Volvo Satnav but the voice instructions where terrible, Volvo's voice instructions are miles better and much clearer, some of the Ford instruction were incomprehensible but graphics were spot on.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote