View Single Post
Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 15:25   #10
MrVol

@ Cheshired5 - Cheers for the help. Can you help me identify the post engine bleed point on my engine, its different to the engine in the picture with the bleed point circled in yellow that was posted by someone else previously. I've attached this pic below.

Ive also attached a pic of my actual engine bay. My engine is in a 2009 model 1.6 DV6 volvo C30. Is the connection I need to disconnect to bleed, is it either of the two connections over near the left with either the white or the green connector?
[img]https://vgy.me/9pbxPO.jpg[/img

So my procedure will be to disconnect both connections off the old filter and the electrical connector, then fit in the new filter, then re-connect the electrical connector and both the hose connectors. Then, disconnect the connector at the bleed point and try cranking until I see fuel coming and then re-connect this bleed connector quickly and try starting the car. Is this correct?

I don't have a vacuum pump so will be using the cranking method. I bought the genuine filter at its expensive price so could really do with fitting it myself to at least save the labour. I always service my own cars but didn't have cars with this no in tank pump set-up. Cheers for the help

I'm struggling to post pics now, typical. Photobucket wont let me anymore and this sites upload attachments feature wont seem to let me either.

Last edited by MrVol; Sep 22nd, 2017 at 16:01.
MrVol is offline   Reply With Quote