View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2020, 21:03   #3
rx6180
Part-timer

My code reader gives me that code minus the '00' on the end. I'd read a thread on another forum about 'check engine light on' and the conversation was about blocked EGR coolers on D4s and 'on balance of probability a dirty O2 sensor on a D2', and I had interpreted that as meaning the P04D9 code meant the O2 sensor on my D2, seeing as Available Car Castle Donington (where I bought it in July) had said it was a dirty O2 sensor when they had the car back with the EML on, before the 3 month warranty ran out in September.

My car is also subject to a recall notice for the fire risk from melting plastic inlet manifolds.

So it seems I can either take the car back to Available Car, since anything they touched in the three month warranty period is supposed to be covered for 12 months, on the basis that the EML light is back on again since September, or the car has to go to a main dealer anyway over the recall notice. I only got my letter in December even though the recall notice was made public in July or August last year.
rx6180 is offline   Reply With Quote