View Single Post
Old Nov 9th, 2016, 19:10   #136
moleman58

Default My story and fix - 2009 V70 2.4D

I was having lots of performance issues and had already swapped out the MAF - no change, then replaced the fuel filter -smoother and a little more torque, but still had very little mid-range/acceleration performance issues.

So I was hunting down leaks and generally checking connections etc. with the engine running. Then I shut down the engine and heard this strange actuator cycling noise coming from the engine. Soon noticed the swirl arm actuator cycling back and forth, but the link arm wasn't connected to anything!
There is a small oil weep around that area and i suspect this may have contributed to the issue i.e. contaminating the plastic arm.

The arm was too easy to reconnect to the ball joint on the engine side and would easily slip off.
My solution was to remove the arm and modify the loose fitting end by drilling a hole across the width of the arm close the the end fitting. I then put a 2.5mm nut and bolt to act as a clamp and adjusted it until it was a tight "snap" fit to the ball joint.
Gave it a test drive and still attached when I came back.
However, whilst the drive is a lot better, still have mid-range performance issues.
I have an EML327 on order, so will get readings from that before doing any more "fixes". I'll add some updates if I find anything useful
moleman58 is offline   Reply With Quote