View Single Post
Old Nov 2nd, 2015, 16:37   #11
EWAC
too long to remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by don kalmar union View Post
Checking on 'autotrader' there are around a dozen of these cars still gathering dust at dealers around the UK some 12 months after coming into stock.

It would seem that Volvo misjudged , to put it gently, the value the UK market would attach to these cars, certainly nowhere close to the original asking price close to £50,000.

'nearly new', pre registered or under some other subterfuge they seem to be close on £30,000 now and will probably be sub £20,000 this time next year.

I know several who have driven one and they have certainly been impressed by the handling although none would have paid the asking price and it seems still find them novelties that they might consider when they are priced sensibly some time quite soon....

Apparently the upcoming V40 p* will not be offered here in the UK, maybe, somewhat like our Aussie cousins with their really lukewarm OZ market p*s, Volvo have sussed that we are not as green as we are cabbage looking and wont be suckered by their greedy , unrealistic and uninformed pricing.

Don.
I originally enquired about one before they came out and was surprised to see the 50k price tag! Hence why i waited as i was sure they were going to take a hit!
But now i got one (just over 30K and very low miles) i am well happy, and plan to keep it for some time so don't mind a further price drop....would rather get one now instead of waiting and looking at some rough ones later on with patchy history....

Instagram: #polestar_owners_uk Facebook: Polestar owners uk Email: polestarownersuk@gmail.com
EWAC is offline   Reply With Quote