View Single Post
Old Nov 7th, 2015, 21:29   #18
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTad View Post
Sadly the smallest that will fit over the preposterous front brakes is 19", and even then not all 19s are a given, so £110 per corner is beyond the realms of possibility :/

The Polestar 19" that are offered as part of a winter wheel package in Europe do the job naturally and apparently BBS SR 19x8.5 work without rubbing on a 235 section tyre, but they're not cheap either.

Best price I've found on a set of Polestar 19s with Alpin A4s is ‎€2650 shipped, which isn't terrible, but isn't great either. I may just have to take it somewhere to test fit a bunch of different wheels.
Do you need winter treads ?
Nottingham is not known for deep snow (I lived there for many years before moving north). Perhaps you live on a steep hill. You could try snow socks. Not ideal, but at well under £100, worth keeping in the boot for an emergency. They work as well as winter tyres for getting up snow-covered hills - at least that has been my experience comparing snow socks with winter tyres on my old V50.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote