Thread: 240 General: - Driveshafts and Motor/Gearbox mounts
View Single Post
Old Aug 25th, 2020, 10:04   #28
hennabm

Sorry I'm late to the party but I will give my experiences of changing the engine and g/box mounts as I did mine a couple of months ago.

First the g/box mounting. The car was on hydraulic car ramps from CJAutos and I supported the g/box on a hydraulic jack. I then removed the cross member and replaced the mounting. I know they would come out fairly easy as 4 years ago I replaced the clutch.

The engine mounts I did one side at once. I started on the NS and undid the nut on the subframe end. I then took the mounting from the engine and removed. An electric impact wrench removed the other end of rubber mounting from the engine mounting.

The OS one was a little trickier with the alternator and oil filter in the way. The filter was removed and the alternator slackened and pivoted out of the way. The procedure was the same - remove the nut from the subframe and then remove the mounting from the engine block.

During both of these procedures I used a Clarke's engine crane to support the motor, rather than a jack under the sump. The car was still on the hydraulic ramps but in the lowered position, giving enough room for me to get under the front end as required.

It also helped that i had the front end apart to do the cambelt and 'stat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ovlov in air 2.jpg (390.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0784 2.jpg (386.5 KB, 2 views)
2010 116d
2011 X3 3.0d

Last edited by hennabm; Aug 25th, 2020 at 10:14.
hennabm is offline   Reply With Quote