View Single Post
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 19:58   #37
ahal
Master Member

Smile

Hi T,

The Carlsson is a 1990 ( 2.0 ) full pressure Turbo 9000. It once resided in Surrey, and is in original nick ... as I discovered lately ( two black fruits + 1 WH Smith receipt dated 1991 found under the front seats! ).

The to do list is pretty long: ABS sensors need replacing, brake lines ( braided ) need replacing, gearbox needs rebuild, and of course like most older saabs the rooflining is falling down. On paper it makes no sense, but believe me, the boost at 50+ is like nothing I've ever experienced ... outside of an aeroplane that is. Corny but true.

I bought it from a British gent in the locality, who brought it over in '04. It's been lightly rear - ended at one stage, but overall I'm happy with it. Honest chap I bought it from, but there had been a few owners over the years and I was petrified of weld lines on a car like this - sometimes it's done so well it's nigh on impossible to detect. I bought it pretty sharpish, so when I found out it was okay it was a HUGE relief!

I'd love an old mini myself. It does my head in when I think of all the 'Austin Seven Mini's that ended up sideways in ditches through the '80's, along with Type two VW vans. The coopers seem to be making upward of £10,000 for a really mint one! Like the Beetles, I'm a sucker for the original. If the tail lights are bigger than a matchbox, I'm not interested lol!

Regards,

Tony.

Oh, here's my red ( pink! ) Saab: http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgur...a%3DN%26um%3D1