Thread: 2.4D (2005 on) - max turboboost value
View Single Post
Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 10:40   #16
ampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cilinder View Post
*bump*

No one with a standard 2.4d euro4 ,who can readoff boost with a meter/torque app?
I was having a look at this yesterday comparing two D5 engined cars because one seems to have a blown turbo. I was using Vida rather than a boost gauge.
My V70 is badged as a 2.4D but seems to have a 185 engine from the factory It is on the change over year.
The V5 log book states it's 163hp. I am 2nd owner and it came from a company who only ever had it serviced at Main dealer. Vida says it is the 185 engine and the engine has the swirl flaps in the head (185bhp) and the silver top engine cover (185bhp) and the newer EGR valve (185bhp). Volvo have no record of engine change, nor does the V5 or HPi so I assume it was fitted from new.
Using Vida, the boost was not great. This car runs very well and is amazingly quick. It leaves our 205bhp twin turbo XC70 and XC60 for dead.

Flooring the throttle stationary, the highest boost reading I could get was just over 1200hpa (just over 17.5psi) with the electronic turbo actuator reading 90%.
It seems a bit lame @ 17.5psi.
I then Compared the Vida "desired" value with actual value on the graph, the were pretty close and tracked well so it all seems to be working properly.

The car I was comparing with is a 200hp XC90. These came from the factory with different camshafts but the same turbo so it is not just a software upgrade that gives the extra power on this model.
On this one, the turbo was reading nothing so I have to investigate.
ampy is offline   Reply With Quote