Thread: D5 205 issue
View Single Post
Old Apr 9th, 2019, 21:33   #11
seanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
No , volvo have never said that , there are schedules suggested by volvo too as well just like those other manufacturers every 36000 miles if the car is used as a taxi or used under "Arduous" conditions ...or if you just want it changing , I don't think it is mandatory on any manufacturers service schedule , they all want to keep the cost of servicing down to keep the lease companies happy ,It will increase the cost of the alternate services a lot of course.
With the recent new Volvo service schedules of the last 4 years or so you can tailor your service to suit your needs , You and the service advisor need to be on the ball though. What is equally important is having the latest software , it is always being tweaked .
Thumping into D or 5th to 4th from about 2013-17 is known by the dealer they have a few bulletins to guide them on this the easiest is a re-adaption and software . .
My box seemed to get worse on 5th-4th after my 2018 service, but I thought it was just the box getting worn.
I need to take it in for a software update.
It also sometimes decides to be smooth and other times jerky, I don't know what might influence the changes.