View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2002, 21:20   #3
dr dolittle

Chris,

Thanks for your comments - I was going to change the discs anyway so I guess I'll find out if that cures it. I've just checked out Don's site - the two/£199 discs + Kevlar pads should do the job (?) I guess the 94 model has the smaller 280mm discs ?

Re wheel bolt torque - it's interesting to note that the shudder has become unbearably more noticable since returning from the garage for 2 new wheels (to replace those stolen by some local lowlife vermin recently ... )the garage swapped one of the new rears for a front and so would have refitted the bolts (and they fitted locking wheel bolts all round!). From my experience garages seem incapable of properly torquing a wheel bolt - they all seem to hammer the bolts in with a power tool and THEN "check" the torque setting with a torque-wrench - doh ! At least minimum torque is reached but would hinder disc movement if required.

Re: tailgate lock - no, not yet. I've printed off Chris Roger's most helpful feedback but as the wife has to drive to Wales tomorrow the handling issues have taken priority this weekend!

Many thanks

Dr D