View Single Post
Old Nov 13th, 2019, 21:16   #1
HDAV
Master Member

Default Tyres again.....XC60 fwd...

So it’s snowing.....probably about time I put the winter wheels on..... was thinking I would do this come December....

Anyway the winters are on their last season 5mm at best so will need replacing and the summers (original conti) are probably around 3mm and in current wether noticeably less grippy...

So looks like I could be in for buying 8 tyres in 2020

I bought the winters as the contis were crap in snow.....but only 3 months old so didn’t want to waste them.....

So as I’ll need at least 4 tyres come spring.... should I just get 4 cross climates?

Never been a fan of symmetric patterns as found previously tram lined badly (I spend a lot time on mway)

Also there is noticeable 3-4mpg average difference in fuel consumption between the summer (Conti sport contact 3?) and winter tyres ( Nokian SUV3 ) typically it’s 8-9/4-3 month split summer to winter....

Car is XC60 D4 VEA FWD I don’t live on high ground and it’s rare to get snow where I live but I travel for work M4/M5/M6 mostly and don’t want to get stranded....

So what tyres??? Do I keep the winter/summer pairing or get all season a lot of people seem to be fitting cross climates

Last edited by HDAV; Nov 13th, 2019 at 21:19.
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote