View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 13:04   #3
Brimfull
V50 R-Design SE T5 baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil21 View Post
Hi everybody, I am new here!

me and my partner like Volvos. I always liked C30, so does she. Because we live in a town, I think a petrol engine would make more sense. We are not going to travel long distances very often. On the other hand, I don't really enjoy paying the road tax (who does?), and I think the lowest band for a petrol C30 is £240 per year. Once, I tested 1.6 DRIVe, and I must say, it drove really well, it was quiet, I liked the car, I just wasn't sure whether a diesel would be the right choice for me. Mainly, when I read that regular servicing might be a lot more expensive.

Do you think that it is possible to find a nice C30 without any big issues and without loads of miles for about £3,000?

The thing is that if I see some of them for like £5,000 or £6,000, then it brings a dilemma that you can nearly buy a V40 for that which is a newer car, more practical, modern, etc. But not as cool! Approved diesels from Volvo dealers start from about £8000, but petrol ones start at about £10,000. Why are those diesel ones so much cheaper than petrol ones? Just because there are many more of them? Or do they have any unwanted issues? Of course, usually more miles.

In conclusion, we would like a 'small economical' car as we don't need a big one, but we like Volvos. Because of that, the choice is quite limited. You know, a rational decision would be to buy a Hyundai i10 which I could get for below £5,000 with the official dealer's warranty, but I still hope that I'll find a good deal on a nice Volvo.

I know this post sounds confusing when I am comparing completely different cars, and when I sound that I don't know what I want. I am just looking for some inspiration, and maybe for someone who says: 'I've got this for you. Beautiful condition, xxxxx miles for £xxxx'.

Thank you

Hello and welcome.

Best way forward is to test drive both and see which you prefer, ultimately the decision on which one suits you best falls on you.

V50 T5 R-Design SE
Brimfull is offline   Reply With Quote