View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2020, 22:30   #6
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandyuk View Post
Ah, that might be the problem. You've just jogged my memory that I had to throw out a pesky field mouse from BOTH of my Volvos. Chucked him out of the bonnet lining on the 940 and the cheeky s*d moved into the V70.
I left the linngs out and then had to suffer clouds of steam from water evaporating on the bonnet when it rained and I was stopped in traffic.
Will investigate with a torch. He/She might be back as a result of the lockdown.
Just to clarify - should both injector plug wires show the same Voltage when grounding them via the Voltmeter or at least the same Voltages for each separate lead wire IYSWIM?
Do this simple test - find a short length of wire and bare the ends. Remove injector plugs #1 & #2 and feed one end of the jumper cable (the one you've just bared the ends on) into the grey connector on #1 and the other end into the grey connector on #2 then refit the plugs on the injectors.
Start it up and see if it's back on all 4 pots. If so, there's either dirt on the connector inside the injector plug on the one with the low reading or a break in the cable.

It will help you narrow down the problem more quickly anyway.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: