View Single Post
Old Feb 21st, 2016, 18:51   #3
Craig S

Time for a bit of an update.

I have had the chance to check the glowplugs with a resistance meter, and all of the plugs are showing a 1 ohm resistance, which from what I have found elsewhere means that the glowplugs are fine. Will monitor the situation, and if it continues will do an injector bleed off test to see if it is a weepy injector.

When I was checking the glow plugs, I noticed that there was an oil leak onto the oil filter housing. Initially I thought that it was from the filter housing itself, however, above the oil filter housing, there is a connector (which is part number 31274139.... turns out is a Nipple in the Air Cleaner Shutter) which appeared to be leaking oil onto the oil filter housing. The nipple literally fell out from the air duct which runs from the air filter housing to somewhere behind the engine....(highly technical description I know.

I have reseated the item and put a layer of electrical tape on to try and get a better seal to prevent the oil leak.

On the other side of things, I think I have found answers to the MAP sensor error....... the sensor not being connected was the issue. When I was checking the glowplugs and looking for the MAP sensor to see how easy it would be to change i found that the wiring connector for the sensor was not connected to the sensor. Have reconnected it and will see what is what.

I presume that a main dealer when they get an error code during a software update all they do is simply say that the error code has been logged and dont even do a cursory glance at the part. As the car is an ex police car part of me thinks that may have been disconnected at the time the car was decommissioned and has been off ever since.
Craig S is offline   Reply With Quote