View Single Post
Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 20:38   #9
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
Can you not just order from Ireland? And get the options you want? Or Germany or Belgium?

Subwoofer should be an easy add on after delivery if the wiring is there, paddles maybe not
Hi HDAV
Maybe I could order from Ireland but there will be VAT implications.

But the whole point of this thread and several others in recent times is that many of us feel that Volvo UK are making these arbitrary decisions as to just what we are allowed to purchase from Volvo UK without any logical thoughts?

Why should Volvo Ireland come up with a different set of options that cannot be purchased on the same car in N.Ireland - surely a Volvo owner in Dublin has the same DNA as a Volvo owner in Belfast?
I can accept that between continents there will be subtle differences in interior tastes such as Colours/Trims/etc between Europe & say China, and differences in Fuel types with the USA market being almost 100% Petrol.......but not between similar countries with the normal case being Volvo UK having a reduced choice.

If anyone else shares my concerns, then as I feel we have a short limited window before Volvo UK select ‘on our behalf” their shopping basket of options for MY19 details which are normally released about Easter time, please email the M.D. of Volvo U.K. at jon.wakefield@volvo.com

I reminded him that one of the most important things that I learnt as the M.D. of a £40M UK company was to listen to what my customers were asking me to supply as I knew that if I failed to deliver what they wanted that there was always the danger that they would find that product somewhere else at my expense.