Thread: Engine: TDI: - Volvo V70 TDI It's puzzle time !
View Single Post
Old Oct 15th, 2017, 21:00   #1
Volvo V70 diesel

Default Volvo V70 TDI It's puzzle time !

Hy Guys,

Nice to meet you. I'm a newbie and I come with some questions about my V70 TDI.

I had recently a serpentine belt crash. The pulley tensioner, the serpentine, the pulley guide were probably all of them in fault. I've decided to replace all that stuff. The problem is that the last owner, certainly not a gentleman has worked as a p*g. Some screws threads were not re usable...

Rather than piercing and so, I've decided to change the mounting accessories.
A used but good condition one should be here this week. I have some newbie questions.

The pulley tensioner has 2 "6 pans - Allen" screws, a long one and a short one. Which one goes on the top of the pulley tensioner ?

Between the pulley tensioner and the engine, there's a mount supposed to protect the oil filter. What is the right sens to install it :
1.screw ->thread of the oil filter mount ->thread of the pulley tensioner -> engine ?
or
2.screw ->thread of the pulley tensioner -> thread of the oil filter mount -> engine ?

Could it be useful to put some Loctite 242 (blue one) when reassembling screws to the engine ?

I do thank anyone who will allow me to enlarge my knowledgement on my car. And by the way I apologize for my English, in general, under torture, I speak in a mess...

Best regards.
Volvo V70 diesel is offline   Reply With Quote