View Single Post
Old Aug 22nd, 2018, 14:43   #7
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoFan View Post
Thanks. That would be very helpful.
I've added the following in image form to stop this website from thinking I'm actually trying to do it

(If I type in the symbols then you can't see how I did it)

To find the URL in the text that you are copying you need to right click on the original web page (the source that you are copying) and copy the URL that is hidden "under" the (blue) text.

Once you have the URL copied you can edit the "here" bits of text using the example in the image above. In the image above the word rules would show instead of "here".

Obviously the text can be changed and the URL can be changed in the example above. This site doesn't check to see if your URL is going to the right place so it is best to click on the link you have just made to make sure it goes to where it should.

And if you're smart when you see these embedded links on forums and emails it is always best to hover over these URLS to see where they go before clicking on them to make sure someone nasty isn't sending you off to a nasty site (!)

I've used the method above in my signature to direct people to my silly big thread just in case they have too much time on their hands...
Attached Images
File Type: png Example of adding link.png (42.7 KB, 37 views)
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!

Last edited by Army; Aug 22nd, 2018 at 14:45.
Army is offline   Reply With Quote