View Single Post
Old Jan 25th, 2018, 09:31   #26
Alecm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backpedal View Post

4 Volvo will and should do this job FOC so don't pay to have it done yourself if you have an original screen. I was getting quotes from £200 - £300 to remove, rebond and refit my screen with the risk of it cracking creating an additional cost.

Good luck!
Thank you for this extremely helpful posting Backpedal.
I am in exactly the same situation with my 2010 XC70. Discovered a water leak a week ago. Saw that the rain was coming down the driver's door pillar, searched V70 water leaks and found this thread. Sure enough, if i push the top of the windscreen it moves, so it is clearly not bonded there.
I phoned autoglass who quoted me £193 to refit, or £440 if the screen breaks on removal - my risk.
I phoned me local (well, nearest ... hardly local) Volvo dealer, where I get the car serviced, and after a two hour wait came back with an offering. "Pop" the car in to them so they can have a look at it and establish the cause of the leak. Ideally leave the car with them for a few days. When they know the cause of the leak they will speak with Volvo UK. How much? £66. That's for the 'investigation'. But how much for the repair? "Oh we won't know that until we have investigated the cause and spoken with Volvo." "So it will involve me bringing the car to you twice?" "Yes."

So there you are.

Tell me please: do you know the name of the person you spoke to at Volvo Cars UK? Or at least, the department? "Complaints department, Windscreen leaks subdivision" maybe?

Many thanks,
Alec
Alecm is offline   Reply With Quote