View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2019, 20:10   #13
guido

Thanks for the reply. I've since removed the connector block from the ECU and cleaned the contacts with contact cleaner spray. While I was there I measured the resistance between the ECU connector block pins the injector plug pins and both read 0.15ohms which was the same reading as the plug on injector 2 so I assume that's normal? I did find a point where the main harness had been rubbing against the edge of the engine block, no wires are broken but one or two look a bit stretched so I'll investigate that further and as you suggested I'll check the whole length of the wiring harness.

At the moment it seemd to be pointing towards the injector though. I added some injector cleaner to the last tank of fuel (I know this isn't recommended and most of them are snake oil but I thought it was worth a try) and it may be coincidence but the issue seems to be a bit less frequent and the DTC code isn't being generated as often. On yesterday's commute I gave it a good revving once it had warmed up and after that it behaved itself for the rest of the journey. I'm inclined to leave it for a bit to see if it sorts itself out, if not I'll replace the injector.

Did having the injector coded make any noticeable difference? I was quoted about £130 from a local dealer just to do the coding, I've read other posts where people have just swapped them over with no apparent issues.
guido is offline   Reply With Quote