View Single Post
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 17:25   #60
blueosprey90
Master Member

Making slow progress.

Floor plan stabilization project:

Interior surfaces: two coats of POR-15, plus fiberglass mesh reinforcement on the driver's side front, then a POR primer, then two top coats of white paint from Tractor Supply. All brushed on. The purpose of the white was just to get the floor area looking somewhat like the car body in a uniform color, as it was a pretty depressing mishmash of dull colors and rust when I started.

Exterior surfaces: With the car up on jack stands, access was close. Wire brushed the driver's underside, and the metal looked good. Eastwood body putty on any holes on the driver's side floor pan. Went with two coats of Eastwood's Chassis Black primer and two coats of Eastwood's Extreme Chassis Black paint. Passenger side not touched yet as I need to drop the exhaust system to get decent access - and it appears that the entire exhaust is welded together.

I also shot Eastwood's Internal Frame Coating into the sills, into that "framing" member that runs under the floor pans and into the area forward of the doors between the front fenders and the interior. The Internal Frame Coating is supposed to be a rust encapsulator and rust converter.

I tried to repair some rips on the passenger side seat bottom. I'm not sure that the seat covers were installed properly. It looks like the seat bottoms would benefit from removal and my sewing a hem on the bottom edge through which I could run a wire to "support" the hog rings that hold the material in place. I've deferred a decision on whether or not I want to do that work.
blueosprey90 is offline   Reply With Quote