View Single Post
Old Aug 22nd, 2018, 21:32   #11
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan8c View Post
I would think the 2 bunk bed one would suit you as they grow they would have there own bed each and also the seating area opposite is handy as a play area when weather is bad. If you havn't towed before have you got the b+e licence to tow over 3500kgs ( for car and Caravan gross weight) because the twin axle do weigh more and eat into your allowance.
B+E doesnot allow over 3500kg, grandfather rights or class 2/1 does that. If test passed after 1997 you do not have grandfather rights.
B+E is max train mass 3500kg and trailer cannot exceed weight of tow vehicle.

Xc90 comes in at near 2000kg any caravan over 1500kg MTPM and B+E will not cover it.

At 70 you loose grandfather rights unless you have a class 2 hgv medical. With an xc70 and landrover discovery towing a 1635kg van I'm seriously thinking of taking a class 2 test. If I have to have the medical I may as well have the licence and then there's no question of is it too heavy for my licence.

As for single or twin axil, I ve looked at twin axil but have always baught single. So much easier to manover in a storage yard especially with movers, caravan will pivot around axis if nessesary. Never had a problem towing a single axil, agreed they are slightly less stable but even overtaking a car transporter at motorway speed never caused a moment if set up properly.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post: