Thread: XC90: - Sat Nav is lost
View Single Post
Old Jun 15th, 2018, 18:14   #9
drmanny3

Default Navigation is now lost

I have a 2017 XC T8 which I recently acquired. The other day my Navigation gave me my location as New York. Odd since we live in Santa Barbara, CA on the other side of the country. I was getting ready to contact Volvo On Call, when I thought I would do a quick search on the internet. I came across this forum and was pleased to read that I just needed to disconnect the neg connection on the battery and leave it off for 10 to 15 minutes. It worked and I am now back to Santa Barbara. I am pleased that I did not need to take it in. Our closest dealer is around 70 miles away. I also have a 2017 Chevy Bolt and I have had instances where the screen has gone blank or it just froze. It would come together after rebooting which did not always occur quickly. Not necessarily surprised to have this happen. Cars today are computers on four tires. The cars have so many sensors and processors, it is not surprising that glitches occur. I am so pleased that the internet provides a communication tool to share experiences. I really love the car. It is a blast to drive.
Manny
drmanny3 is offline   Reply With Quote