View Single Post
Old Aug 23rd, 2018, 07:03   #15
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan8c View Post
I read the Gov rules relating to B+E and it says you can drive a vehicle with a 'Mam' up to 3500kgs and tow a trailer. The weight of the trailer after 2013 pass is limited to a 'mam' of 3500kgs. This seems to me to mean that the vehicle and the trailer are 2 separate things and both can weigh up to 3500kgs not as you suggest both together only 'mam' of 3500kgs. I stand to be corrected but if you stick to your way of both together being limited to 3500kgs then there would be no point in taking the B+E licence as a B licence gives you that right as well . Where does it say you lose your grandfather rights (BE on your licence)when you reach 70yrs old?.
I bow to your better knowlage, my reading was the other way but stand corrected thanks except the trailer cannot weigh more than the tow car in those limits.

The 70 rule I found out about from a lad with a winnebago that came in at near 7 tonnes, at 70 both he and his wife had to have medicals to retain their grandfather rights, at £150 a time he was intending to sell the bago and buy something sub 3500 kg.
It's not something I've seen but it seems from those I've spoken too your licence comes back with those entitlements removed and to regain them you have to undergo the medical each year.

With DVLA I always photocopy anything I'm sending them as they are adept at cutting classes, know a few that lost their motorbike entitlement upon renewal and had a fight to get it back.
Remember you must renew your licence at 70 as it expires.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post: