View Single Post
Old Aug 23rd, 2018, 09:45   #16
pagan8c
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green van man View Post
I bow to your better knowlage, my reading was the other way but stand corrected thanks except the trailer cannot weigh more than the tow car in those limits.

The 70 rule I found out about from a lad with a winnebago that came in at near 7 tonnes, at 70 both he and his wife had to have medicals to retain their grandfather rights, at £150 a time he was intending to sell the bago and buy something sub 3500 kg.
It's not something I've seen but it seems from those I've spoken too your licence comes back with those entitlements removed and to regain them you have to undergo the medical each year.

With DVLA I always photocopy anything I'm sending them as they are adept at cutting classes, know a few that lost their motorbike entitlement upon renewal and had a fight to get it back.
Remember you must renew your licence at 70 as it expires.

Paul.
Yes the B+E allows you to drive a vehicle up to 3 500 kgs after 70 but now you need the C1 etc to drive a vehicle over this weight and to get that you need to apply to keep it on your licence and pass a medical as you say. The B +E will remain on your licence when you renew after 3 years.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote