View Single Post
Old Aug 23rd, 2018, 19:26   #18
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billggski View Post
The medical at 70 is £55 with an HGV doctor who does the eye test as well. About 20 minutes and no ecg or treadmill test.
This will retain your "grandfathers' rights" to a C1 licence for three years, you can retain your BE licence just by sending the form back, unless you have admitted to a serious condition, in which case the DVLA will insist on a full medical.
Many thanks. Can you point me where to look for this info please. Tried .Gov sites but eyes glaze over by page 3. Just trying to get to grips with tachograph law and breaks gave me a headache. Drive a 5 tonne vehicle under an exemption clause, company transport manager decided it was not nessesary for me to attend the course run for tachograph user's as my vehicle was exempt and he could tell me what went on, except he could not and untangling his biased interpretation was a nightmare. The working radius is another one he could not confirm if it was as crow flies or road miles traveled, transport of goods for others use and card needed, except not in his world, drop it off as you pass.

Thanks in advance
Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote