Thread: Body/Trim: 164: - 145 sway bar
View Single Post
Old Jul 13th, 2020, 16:25   #17
142 Guy
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocambique-amazone View Post
I did have time to have a look into my documents.
My own 142 I'm running with:
164 springs front
142/144 rear
B6 front
Koni red rear
And: 164 anti roll bar 18mm :-) enjoy

My front axle is modified heavily too, you will have to see it by your own. If Johnson won't kick your country out of the European Union and it will be still possible to have a journey to Great Britain, my daughter and I will visit your beautifully Island 21 or 22 with the 142.

Good luck, Kay
I am very interested in your use of the 164 anti roll bar. I have a 1971 142 E with IPD front and rear anti roll bars. With the Amazon Cars 140 road springs and Bilstein HD yellow body shocks that I have fitted I find the car fairly unpleasant on broken pavement with the IPD bars. Also, having fitted the IPD bars I am not entirely sold on any real handling improvement unless you really dislike the 'perception' of body roll.

I have been planning to replace the IPD ARBs with an original 140 ARB (as soon as I can find a salvage one). However, the larger 164 bar might be a nice compromise between the 15 mm OEM bar and 25 mm IPD bar (also assuming that my search for a salvage 164 bar will be any more successful than a 140 bar). Was the 164 a drop in replacement for the 140 bar (other than the bushing size) or did it require modification.
142 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote