View Single Post
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 15:54   #4
omc 47
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notlob View Post
Ok, So I know end of season may not be the best time to sell an Amazon but your thoughts on the price I've set would be welcome.

I set it at what i thought was a reasonable level based on price guides, discussing with people and looking at what else has been for sale recently.

Now I know you'll be commenting "sight unseen" but do you think my asking price is reasonable. I'm keen to sell as it's costing me to store but I'd rather keep it then give it away too cheaply?

Your thoughts?

Cheers
Dave
Hello Dave,
I think your advert includes openess and honesty and given the time and effort it took to promote the sale of the "old girl" then you strike me as a decent chap with the best of intentions.
The price you're asking seems reasonable considering the photo's and detail you've written,some folks hide the Reg number and some folks just give a detailed listing and then give no price but at least you've given a demarcation point for people to work with and the MOT history looks well.
The Classic Car world is full of hidden demons and dishonesty and greed driven
scumb who will knock you down with some pathetic story.
Back in the late 70's I had a couple of Amazons, the first a 4 door Saloon and then an Estate and every Volvo since has been an Estate, that is except my special Classic a 2 door Saloon which I will never part with after 5 long years of fettling and heart ache it's back on the road and reminds me of carefree days when my 3 daughters were young and this world was a better place.
My point is if someone is looking for an Amazon and happy to pay the price then just wait and the right person will come along, they are attracting attention for their reputation,reliabilty and they are becoming rarer.........and the bonus is spares are quite easy to obtain still and at a reasonable price.
Try buying spares for some Classics and a sharp intake of breath is needed besides a large wallet..............good luck and have patience.

Last edited by omc 47; Sep 5th, 2018 at 15:57.
omc 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to omc 47 For This Useful Post: