View Single Post
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 17:08   #18
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB65 View Post
It's a solution looking for a problem. My leisure battery holds a charge all winter and will still drive a motor-mover no problem. The only charging it gets is when it's hooked up to my car, or via electric hookup, or occasionally from a solar panel when there is no hookup. It simply doesn't need to be charged via the caravan itself. If you have a decent leisure battery charging from the van itself simply isn't required in my experience.
While I agree with most of what you say, last winter in the very cold weather my caravan battery was far less efficient and the load of the movers was evidently making it struggle.
I like to move the van during storage to help prevent pitting of the wheel bearings, just half a revolution makes a difference. Without a reffresher charge my van battery would not of lasted the winter. I have no solar panel and it's a case of self discharge over time, cold weather inefficiency combining to result in a van that will not move on the movers at the end of the winter.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote