View Single Post
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 17:19   #56
P1800 ES

Quote:
Originally Posted by 142 Guy View Post

I think the bigger problem with switching the brake line connections may be the fittings. My exceedingly fuzzy recollection is that because of the little external hard line connection to the lower pistons on the front caliper, the fluid fittings are different - both at the caliper and the bulk head fitting mounted on the body. If you switch the hoses / hose ends they will screw in; but, they will not seal properly. Also, on the 140, depending on how you switched the hoses I think you can end up with hose bind if you run the suspension through its full range of motion.
I think I need to properly research and make sure it's all connected correctly in that case.

You are correct in thinking that the calliper has different fittings, but there's hard lines which connect to the calliper and I know these I connected these correctly. The flexi lines connect to these hard lines and run up to the inner wing and they're all the same fittings. I guess as long as i have them the same way on each calliper i should be alright.
P1800 ES is offline   Reply With Quote