Thread: 940 SRS light
View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2020, 18:53   #7
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
Well we have had a look and can't find any led readout box thingy in the engine bay but there is a connector under a blank in the arm rest so I guess we need a code reader for it.

My mate pulled the under dash trim off to have a look under there for a connector and found the previous owners improvements of an alarm are up the same standard as the rest of the "improvements" and the wires have all been twisted and taped. Time to go through this car properly and remove all the b0ll0cks that has been added and remove all the suspect wiring.

Horn has also stopped working now.
Obviously a later car than i thought then!

I'm not 100% familiar with airbags on Volvos (thankfully never had one!) but i know on my Rover, the horn contacts go through the rotary coupler on the steering wheel which is fitted regardless of whether it has an IED or not. If your mates 940 is the same, it's possible that's why the horn has stoppd working.

Check the obvious first like whether the horns themselves are working, could be as simple as they've died or the fuse has popped.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote