View Single Post
Old Oct 17th, 2018, 22:00   #27
Trev864

I can confirm that on my car, the Tow Trust tow bar is mounted correctly (to the same points as the Volvo tow bar) It is definitely not attached to the crash beam mounting points.
I have spoken to Tow Trust on the phone and they have assured me that the crash beam is not re-fitted with their tow bar for this vehicle ( I have since found out that other makes of tow bar both for my car and others do not re-fit the crash beam after fitting the tow bar).
They also told me that their tow bar for my car has been tested to limits in excess of those Volvo use in their testing. I believe there is a you tube video on their testing.
After speaking to Tow Trust and having got underneath my car to look at the bar and mountings, I can say I'm happy with the safety aspect and the quality of the bar.
I also spoke to my insurance company who have confirmed that my insurance has not been invalidated by removal of the crash beam. Of course it has to be re-fitted should the tow bar ever be removed from the car.
I am going to Tow Trust tomorrow to get them to take a look at the way in which the 13 pin socket has been mounted and adjust its position if possible. I must say that this company has been very helpful indeed. I will update this post after my visit tomorrow

Last edited by Trev864; Oct 17th, 2018 at 22:14.
Trev864 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trev864 For This Useful Post: