View Single Post
Old Dec 14th, 2016, 16:30   #14
benr7310
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootersp View Post
I agree that thermostat is almost certainly the cause, only thing I find strange is the intermittent nature of my issue doesn't really fit with my understanding of a thermostat in that it'll either stay open ie be properly broken! or gradually get worse so it will open at a lower than optimal temperature. Not be ok one day, worse the next and back to ok.

I have had another commute this morning, with no warning lights and as toasty as it gets heater.

I'm hoping to get through the Christmas period until a work colleague who is currently abroad comes back with his Vida Dice and we can perhaps monitor it from cold one evening.
Then potentially a really rubbish thermostat..
Sticking open most of the time but is sometimes able to close.

If it was me I'd flush the system out, pull thermostat check it's operation. They are real cheap usually (not seen the volvo price for these..) and aren't hard. Once that's done see how it feels for a week or 2 and come back to us.

Edit: Just checked thermostat is around £70+ depending on supplier. Pretty pricey compared to the old £5-10 ones! As it's way out of warranty I'd say try euro car parts or car parts for less as they usually have discount codes so you might be able to bag a bargain.

Ex-S40 Sport 2.0d with 180bhp & 300lbft

Last edited by benr7310; Dec 14th, 2016 at 16:38.
benr7310 is offline   Reply With Quote