View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2010, 11:25   #18
Bill_56
Premier Member

It really does look as if Volvo are hiding something here.

Earlier in the week, I called Volvo CR, demanding to know how the 'software upgrade' would help. Initially said they'd get somebody to email me, then they called back a day later to say they'd call my dealer and tell him the details so I could discuss it when I visited.

I've just had a wasted morning, as I went in to have it done and the dealer STILL knew nothing about it, and hadn't had any call from Volvo. So I've not yet agreed to the update. I also feel sorry for the dealer as it's not his fault, and he's probably now had his morning's work schedule disrupted.

Since Volvo are refusing to be open with me, I'm speculating that one of two scenarios may exist here:

1) The software upgrade will make active regeneration less aggressive, which could lead to 'soot filter full' problems for cars like mine that rarely see the motorway. I have no doubt whatsoever that Volvo would then just fob me off with 'driving style' explanations.

2) The software upgrade is being offered purely as a 'placebo' to make us think Volvo are doing something about it, when they aren't.

That is pure speculation, but if Volvo won't talk, they can't be surprised if people then speculate.

I have now approached BBC TV Watchdog. I've used Watchdog before, and I know that the more emails/letters they get, the more notice they will take. So if anybody else feels as strongly as I do, can I suggest you also approach the BBC?
Bill_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill_56 For This Useful Post: