Old Feb 16th, 2011, 14:38   #185
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacV70T5 View Post
but in the case of releasing information to the public that is covered under the Data Protection Act I would advice the person who may have accidentally released this information seek legal advice as it is now classed as a criminal offense. If it can be proved as a malicious attempt to slander or libel another I would be very worried. I am however not sure about the personal information given to a Forum to register is covered under the Act.
Oh it was not accidental and definitely malicious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacV70T5 View Post
May have or may have not been the case I am not fully aware of the full details other than what I have read on the various posts. I would however like to say that I am not trying to defend any person for or against what has passed or who may be involved. I assume like other matters if it can be proved, then there must be a case if the evidence can be produced. Like many things nowadays we have to be very careful what we put in writing and that includes information or private information that may be published on an open forum which is available for all members of the public to access.
I'm still trying to work out how, exactly, someone would or even could post anything on a forum "accidentally".
"Sorry sir, I tripped over a stray cable and hit my keyboard which must have opened the topic, hit "post reply", entered all that text and clicked "submit" all in the correct sequence.
Can't say why my browser window was open and logged into that forum at all..."
Difficult one that.

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CTCNetwork For This Useful Post: