View Single Post
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 20:59   #15
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofturd View Post
Thanks for the replies. Theres a bit of info to digest and i dont think i can work on my car untill the weekend after this one.
FYI its a 96 940 b230fk m90. Speedo and cruise control work ok. Both my original and the swapped lambda were 130-140k likely original units. (My drawer only grows crusty old parts with about 130k miles on them already, but does come in handy). Volvo quoted me £150+ for new! Are generic ones normally ok? I will test mine, im assuming i can just probe the back of the plug in the bay. The ect sensor replaced was a new bosch unit, closest to the rear of the motor. I rebuilt the head in the summer so the inlet gaskets are all fresh, all the hoses and seals are new. Ive pinched off all vac lines from the mani and sprayed easystart over it all but rpm stays high.
Rob, i will strangle my engine and report back.
Do you know the Bosch number of your original Lambda sensor? Should be 0 258 003 381, You can get generic ones but some are supplied with three butt-splice crimps, others have a proper plug on for plug'n'play. Usually the latter is more expensive (but not much) and is worth the extra for having the reliability of a proper plug rather than those horrible butt-splices.

Just looked on fleabay :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-940...0/114266609582

When you fit it, pull fuse #1 for 30 seconds or longer to reset the ECUs fuel trims and DTC memory.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote