View Single Post
Old Apr 30th, 2019, 10:14   #3
Planet_Ovlov

Thanks for your tips. Agreed on all points.

By chance I was picked up yesterday (on some boat related business) in a 2002 V70 2.4 petrol estate. Great I thought to see what it's like.

Not sure if it was the pilots driving style, noticed he kept feathering the throttle, or the smell from the leather (reminded me of a Saab I used to drive) or the gentle vibe I noticed in the steering wheel and a sort of wallow on the M way/A roads but I felt car sick, I never get car sick. Had to crack a window to escape the smell which predominantly was cause I thought.

Can't remember back now to my 740 days but don't remember that, I think I would!

The seats were leather and like a type of sofa that isn't sprung, supportive but not firm. Maybe it's had a hard life, only 85k on the clock mind.

Now wondering if the V70 is for me after all, guess my last comparison was a Golf hire car, everything tight and on the firm side. Not an apples to apples comparison but something about that car yesterday which I sank into but didn't stop, unnerving.

As you say get out there and drive a few, I really don't want to bother private sellers for this, not really dealers either but there's only one way to find out. Got me considering a 330d as might be a firmer ride.

Keep you posted!

Last edited by Planet_Ovlov; Apr 30th, 2019 at 10:16. Reason: Grammer!
Planet_Ovlov is offline   Reply With Quote