View Single Post
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 03:48   #5
canis
Non Fragile

It's a ten year old car, for goodness sake! The bottle doesn't look that stained, I've yet to own a car that didn't have at least some staining, and most have had far more than that. Almost all have had orange soup for coolant.

In some ways, I'd be more worried if it was immaculately clean. What did they churn through the engine to clean it? I've heard of people putting dishwasher tablets in them. I've never tried it myself, but when I cleaned some aluminium in my dishwasher it came out different, non-shiny and dull, which means it must be having at least some corrosive effect. I suppose it's not the end of the world, I mean, nobody's going to be praising the shinyness of my engine's internal coolant passages, but if the corrosion sludge doesn't get removed then it must still be in there. Frankly, I'd rather have a stained bottle than that.

You don't say what you'll be paying for it, nor if you'll be obliged to buy before travelling to see it (i.e. ebay), so I would be unwilling to either advise or not advise buying it. Like all things, what is it worth to you?
canis is offline   Reply With Quote