View Single Post
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 09:33   #1
MrP

Default V70 bi-fuel issues

anyone got any help or advice on some issues i'm having with out bi-fuel auto?

when accelerating hard there is sometimes a feeling of fuel starvation which will suddenly resolve itself and then car will accelerate as normal. this can be quite subtle in effect, or as serious as the car slowing down before accelerating again (rather worrying when your trying to overtake someone!)

the other one is that randomly the car now just stutters and loses all power. some journeys it will do it it, others it wont do it at all. what happens is that the car will be driving fine, you lift off the accelerator, and then put your foot back on it and there is no power what so ever. sometimes the car will stutter for a moment then be ok, other times its so bad that the revs die and i have to switch to petrol for a few seconds before switching back to gas then the car will carry on as normal.

the car and gas system have both been serviced recently and the gas system has had a new distributor as well.

the people who service it have no idea whats wrong with it, and i'm at a loss as the car is driving me nuts and its our only car.

thanks in advance for any help guys
MrP is offline   Reply With Quote